BILTWELL Gringo ECE Helmet - Metallic Champagne
Biltwell took their DOT approved Gringo Helmet and turned it up a notch with an ECE certification. Still the same Gringo you've come to love, the ECE-rated Gringo Helmet has more EPS foam on the inside, with EPS foam in the chin bar and closed cell BioFoam in the forward area of chin bar for additional impact protection. Now with room for mounting speakers in the ear area so you can take your music or buddies with you when you ride.
The Gringo ECE Helmet is built to suit the needs of contemporary riders with a beautifully crafted, diamond stitched removable liner, an eyeport that accepts pretty much any type of goggle you could want to wear, as well as 5 snaps that work with any universal 3-snap shield, Biltwell’s own bubble shield or their 5-snap Blast shield. So next time you hop on your chop or throw a leg over your bike, leave that vintage helmet on the shelf where it belongs and grab an ECE-rated Gringo.
- Injection-molded ABS outer shell with hand-painted finish
- Expanded polystyrene inner shell
- Hand-sewn removable brushed Lycra liner with diamond-stitched quilted open-cell foam padding
- Internal BioFoam chin pad with hand-sewn contrast stitching
- Rugged plated steel D-ring neck strap with adjustment strap end retainer
- Rubber or chrome accent edging on shell and eye port
- Speaker pockets with VELCRO® brand closures in ear recesses for mounting Sena-style speakers
- DOT and ECE approved
HOW TO CHECK HELMET FIT:
Never wear a helmet that does not fit snugly and correctly on your head. Follow these steps to determine if your helmet provides the correct fit:
- Grasp both loose neck straps, one in each hand.
- Put the opening of the helmet on top of your head and pull the straps gently outward and down until your head is firmly and comfortably inside the helmet. Do not fasten the neck strap.
- Stiffen the muscles in your neck to hold your head in a stationary position, eyes forward.
- Grasp the helmet chin bar with both hands and move the helmet gently but forcefully from side to side. Repeat the same test, but in an up and down motion.
Note: Bubble face shield and goggles are sold separately.